Friday, July 6, 2007

Lessons Learned

Okay, here are a few things I have learned...

  • I.NEED.air.conditioning.to.FUNCTION!
  • They don't call it a "swamp cooler" for nothin!
  • "Swamp cooler" + hot temps = Georgia in the summer time.
  • I don't EVER want to visit the south during the summer time.
  • I don't like sweating just walking from one end of the house to the other - I have a small house.
  • No AC + 106 degree temps = 1 CRANKY mama!
  • I you live in Texas or Tennessee and still want my cranky ass to visit, it will take MANY mango-tini's to get me there!
  • It's really dumb to add an exercise habit to your SMART Habits Saturdays when you have no gym membership, no AC, and it's 14,000 degrees outside.
  • I wish my friends lived closer, and had AC, and had no jobs so I could hang out in their air conditioned goodness all damn day.
  • I.NEED.AIR.CONDITIONING.TO.FUNCTION
  • I love digital (hehe - thought that was gonna be about AC didn't ya?! Stealthy...that's me)
  • I don't love taking 238,937 pictures and having 15 come out - but I love it digital instead of on film!
  • I love scrapbooking, but not even THAT is fun in "Georgia" (read: my house after 11:00am)
  • Scrapbooking on the fly is more difficult that I thought, fun, but difficult
  • I love finding cheap scrappy stuff - makes it WAY easier to justify to the MAN! (got a sweet travel case normal $39.99 for $7.48!!!!! - JoAnn's ya'll)

Hmmm what else have I learned not related to scrapbooking and hating "Georgia" . . .

  • Blogging with pictures is easier/better than without.
  • It ALSO helps if you have a point.
  • Most times I have one of those, guess which one!
  • I love comments.
  • I am a comment whore.
  • According to a BFF, "that's better than being just a regular whore" - I'll take it ;-)
  • I miss REAL smileys, like the one on IM that does the "loser" thing with the L on the foreheard = funny :-D
  • I miss having my girlfriends around, I didn't appreciate it enough while they were here.
  • And even if I did, which I might have, it still sucks.
  • I can not WAIT to have tile floors.
  • CARPET SUCKS by the dinning room (read:by the high chair)
  • I am a procrastinator.
  • I already knew that, I just put off admitting it ;-) (hehe - get it? ;-) yeah that's about the level of humor around here at 7:00 and it's already "Florida" in here (read: 77 degrees w/ a humidity of 100%ish)
  • Running out of time to plan the day out of the damn house...coffee is done...so is this entry...

TNT! Wish me sanity people, luck is just not with me... :-D

0 comments: